10 Things To Do In GJ
Posted: March 22, 2022 by Shanna Shepherd
Warm weather is right around the bend and many of us are itching to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. Grand Junction has many wonderful aspects to explore. Here are our top 10 musts for the spring!
- Check out the Colorado National Monument. We are so lucky to have one of the most beautiful national monuments right in our backyard. CNM not only has breathtaking views, but is home to amazing trails.
- Get out your mountain bike! Just a few miles away lies the many trails of the Grand Mesa. Mountain bikers can rejoice as they discover the scenery and wildlife that populates the western slope.
- Take on the river. Whether you’re looking for a lazy float or want to try your hand at Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP), the Colorado River is the perfect place to spend your days.
- Take a wine tour. Palisade boasts some of the best wineries in the country. Grab your friends and discover wonderful new flavors.
- Hit the courses! Grand Junction has five wonderfully designed golf courses for you to enjoy.
- Visit the Museum of the West. This museum is all about the western lifestyle and full of amazing details about what life was like for pioneers.
- Walk the Riverfront Trail. The trail is not only great for a walk, it’s full of beautiful murals that artists have painted under the once bland overpasses. The vibrant colors will delight all!
- Go Camping. There are so many campsites just awaiting a visitor. The Grand Mesa to Glade Park, wherever you go, you’re sure to have a blast!
- Hit the road in Fruita! Fruita has grown into one of the most cycling friendly areas on the west slope. With plenty of areas to ride (and plenty of bike racks downtown), it’s a cyclist's dream.
- Shop Downtown GJ. Our local downtown is cute! Support local businesses owners, eat at local restaurants, and enjoy Art on the Corner. A good time is guaranteed for all!